In these self defence Kung Fu classes, they’ll learn a variety of techniques, including punches, kicks, blocks, and grappling. They’ll also learn how to use their body and mind together to create a powerful and effective self defence system. Wing Chun Kung Fu is not just about physical movements but also about mental discipline, focus, self-awareness, compassion and life skills such as leadership and team skills.
The classes are designed to be fun, dynamic, and mindful, and they’re suitable for younger kids from 3 years and up. Whether they’re looking to improve their fitness, build confidence, or learn practical self-defense skills, Kung Fu is an excellent choice.
Details about our Kung Fu classes
Kids age group? 3 – 6 years and 6 – 11 years old
Where? Hong Kong Academy School ‘Dance Room’, Sai Kung, Hong Kong
When? Ongoing – weekly classes every Saturday
Day and Time? Saturdays 10am 3-6 yrs, 11am 6-11 yrs
First class is FREE!
Register below and see you there!
The many benefits of Wing Chun for Kids
We have designed our kids Kung Fu classes and system so that it promotes an ethical culture based on responsibility, respect and mindfulness. All students are held accountable for their own behaviour and for following the agreed procedures and instructions to allow the best learning for martial arts to take place for all.
By implementing and promoting such a wonderful and welcoming learning atmosphere, we aim to ensure that the following concepts are areas of growth in every student:
- Martial arts skills, with the intention to use such skills only for self-defence, protecting the weak and upholding justice
- Good manners, self-respect and self-discipline
- Comradeship and respect for other people
- Life skills and practical tools for effective and open communication – the ability to truly listen to the needs and feelings of others while assertively voicing their own
- Positive attitudes and enduring persistence
- Greater self-confidence and inner awareness of their emotions and thoughts
- Understanding and applying healthy lifestyle habits such as physical fitness and a knowledge of nutrition and basic anatomy